The Human Resources Department is a key strategic partner in accomplishing the City's mission. HR formulates sound policy and provides direction and counsel to departments to ensure compliance with applicable labor laws and collective bargaining agreements in the areas of:
- Talent Acquisition Management
- Compensation & Classification
- Labor Management
- Training & Employee Development
- Risk Management
The Human Resources Department's mission is to serve the City of Miramar by providing excellent, consistent, and sound Human Resources practices that balance the needs of employees and residents.
- Promote Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We honor our commitments and conduct ourselves in a manner that promotes fairness, dignity, respect, honesty, and trust.
- Celebrate Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and celebrate participation and partnership in everything we do.
- Focus on Our Customers – Internal/External: We have a passion for service and are committed to knowing our customers, anticipating their needs, and exceeding expectations.
- Champion Employee Development: We are committed to maximizing the potential of every individual and to support and promote the City as a learning organization.
- Model Leadership: We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, and practices.
- Produce Quality Results: We believe those we serve deserve excellent service, a safe, productive, and healthy work environment, and quality results.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the City of Miramar is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The City of Miramar hires and promotes individuals and makes other employment decisions solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled and not based on their inclusion in any protected category.
The City of Miramar believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability or any other protected category.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free environment.